Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cheese Anyone?







We have had some of the best luck with messes! It was going to be our first break the fast in our new ward. I didn’t want to be the new couple that didn’t bring anything but I was having the hardest time figuring out what to make. I think they should theme it every month but anyway. I was thinking since it was super bowl Sunday that I would bring some yummy cheese dip and chips. So I got up early Sunday morning and get everything together. I did up some ground beef with yummy spices. I don’t know about you but I can’t stand when ground beef is still in its squiggly packaged state, so I have to chop it up itty bitty. After I got the meat done and got the cheese in the crock pot I set it on low while I got dressed for church. I made a stack of stuff that needed to go for Josh to put in the car, bowls, chips, etc. Now any of you that know Josh he is very peculiar about his car. He loves it and hates for it to be dirty. He put the crock pot in one of the bowls for the chips so it wouldn’t tip over or be to hot for the seat. I was finishing up my makeup while we headed out of the apartment complex to church. We didn’t even make it down the road when we heard the awful sound. Yup that’s right a 4 quart pool of nacho cheese dip was covering the backseat, Sunday school manuals, scripture and more. Not only did it get all that but it go into the child safety holes in the seat and the seatbelt clicker. You could push on the seat and it would ooze out. YUM! Needless to say we didn’t make it sacrament meeting. We spent the next 45 minutes scraping cheese out of the mustang. About ten minutes into it Josh starts laughing sooo hard, grabs the camera and away he went with the pictures. He considered getting a bag of chips out of the trunk and going to town. Ha-ha I’m so glad I have such a great husband that can just laugh bad things off. First the paint then the cheese, wonder what’s next?














4 comments:

Mamafamilias said...

You're a lucky woman.

Nicole said...

So sad about the cheese... but what a great guy ;)

R.M. said...

I always put that kind of stuff in the floorboard at my feet or hold it in my lap. I have even been known to tape the crock pot closed with duct tape!!

The Smith Trio said...

HAHA! Lets just say next time we will deff be using duct tape!!