Thursday, January 15, 2009

Warning!!!! This a long post so you better get comfy.
















Well it’s been a while since my last post. Ha-ha more like 2 months. I’m usually much better about keeping up with things. The good news is WE ARE MARRIED!!! It seemed like an eternity to get here but alas it did! We had a family/rehearsal dinner at my sister Thursday night. We played games (a tradition in my family) had Moe’s cater, laughed and joked till our faces hurt. It was truly a great way to kick off the wedding festivities. The sealing was Friday night with our families and closest friends. We had a wonderful surprise when we walked in; Josh’s Aunt & Uncle from Utah flew out for the sealing. Uncle Kent was diagnosed with cancer this past year and has been undergoing radiation/chemo therapy. Needless to say it was very special that they were there. The spirit was so strong, it was amazing. We took tons of pictures (soon to come I promise) and then headed off to and fabulous hotel in downtown Raleigh while our families went to dinner. I’m so glad we did the wedding and reception two different days. Saturday morning getting the gym ready was a little chaotic but we came together like an army and got it all done. Our three moms’ really took charge and got it done. We are so blessed to have such great family & friends who love us so much. The reception looked amazing!! It was just what I had sketched out in my mind. We hope everyone who came had a good time and knows how much it meant to us that you were there! Saturday night after everyone helped clean up we loaded up the cars and went back to my sisters and all lied in the living room and talked until the wee hours of the morning. It was awesome. Josh and I went home and crashed then got up early the next day and proceeded to pack till we could fit no more. Our flight was at 4:50pm and for those of you who know me, I push things till the last minute. This of coarse is something I'm trying to work on. Bless my husband’s heart. Thanks to the lead foot of a very good friend of ours we made it just in time. We were on our way to Squaw Valley, California. It’s about 15 minutes away from Lake Tahoe and probably the most beautiful place I have ever been. Our resort was absolutely amazing. The views were breath taking no matter which window you looked out. It came with a little kitchen stocked full with pots, pans, knifes and dishes. What a great way to save money and do something I haven’t been able to for like a month, COOK!!! I absolutely love to cook and I’m not too bad if I do say so myself. We did go out a couple of times just to say we ate there. Ha-ha. The week consisted of Snowboarding (which is very scary in California, ill go into why in a later post) at a place called Homewood. It’s were the locals go and the lift tickets were a steal of a deal. Josh was in heaven and I got my courage up about half way down the run. I’m just glad he is so patient. I’m not as bad as you would think but apparently I’m a big chicken when it comes to heights. We went sledding (which neither of us has ever done) in a little place called Granlibachen. Don’t ask about the name, I have no idea. There is this Cable Car the size of a small hotel room at the bottom of Squaw Valley that takes you to the very top of the mountain. It’s a good 15 minute make your stomach drop to your toes experience. I used to think I was pretty tough but apparently that only goes so far. Once at the top you can go Ice Skating outside on the side of the mountain. This is something else I had never done before. I used to love roller blading, growing up in Florida it’s what you did, so I figure it wouldn’t be that bad. Well…it’s a little bit more slippery then I would have thought. After about 30 minutes I got over my fear and josh and I were hand in hand in the middle of the ice. We were even working on some spins. Josh is an expert! I am proud to say that neither of us fell which was nice. After a long fabulous week of sleeping in, staying up late, redbox movies, hot tubing, free game room, beautiful drives in the mountains, hiking Vikingsholm, walking on frozen parts of Lake Tahoe (we didn’t realize until we looked next to us and saw the end of a dock, oops), picking up hitchhikers, doing little random acts of service, saving dogs (that’s for you hunny), and meeting new people, I have to say that we had the best honeymoon imaginable. I’m so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for him. We are back home now and getting settled in. The jet lag has been awful but we are getting through it. Josh started school on Monday and he’s so excited about it. He’s so cute in his little back pack. We both just got callings, well I got mine at the reception (our Bishop is my brother in law, he wanted my first calling in the ward to be memorable. We love him lots.) and Josh just got his Monday. I am the second counselor in the Young Women’s presidency. I’m so excited to be in there with the girls. Josh hasn’t been sustained yet so I’ll post again when it’s official. We are loving life and happy as can be. Rainy days feel like sunshine to us. We want to thank everyone who was able to share in our very special day. We love you all.

Joshua & Maghen Smith

5 comments:

R.M. said...

These pictures are fabulous! I'm glad you guys had fun on the honeymoon!

Nicole said...

I'm the 2nd Counselor in the YW Presidency, too! Crazy :) Your wedding looks amazing!!! Your dress is breathtaking! And your honeymoon sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so happy for you!!!

Nicole said...

And can I also say that I can't believe we're grown-ups? I always think of us as little kids...

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful temple wedding and reception and honeymoon. Isn't being married awesome?! I'm so happy for you.

You've got to post more pictures!!

Selfieprotection said...

I had no idea you were getting married. i am so happy for you, you deserve it! i miss it out there so much! I wish to come visit someday. I hope you are very happy, and what a lucky guy! Keep in touch!